BUILD SEASON MEALS
The East Ridge Robotics Ominous Raptors (ERRORs) needs your help. Without the support of our parent community, we can not be successful. This page contains information from veteran parents on how to help the team achieve their goals.
Build Season Dinner Information
- Family provided meals are a critical part of the robotics season. Our students thrive in an environment where they can stay at school throughout the evening and enjoy a nourishing meal provided by our student families.
What is the Commitment
- If every family contributed a minimum of three times this season (which is once a month!), we would have our meals covered throughout the season and most of the competition season. We will send out sign ups on a monthly basis, which will also help with alignment of food needs based on volume.
How It Works
- Sign up for a date on the Sign Up Genius links below. Each day will have 4-5 families committing. This includes families from the Math and Science Academy (MSA) Team that shares our shop.
- Prepare a full meal that feeds 20 people.
- Include a Main Dish, Side Dish and Dessert (drinks optional)
- We ask that meals arrive at the shop no later than 6:00PM. Drop off at Door 26 (behind the school).
- There is NO NEED to stay at the school during dinner. A Student Dinner Lead will be at the door to transport your food from the parking lot at Door 26. Simply pull up and unload.
- Dinner concludes at 7:15PM. You may pick your supplies up at 7:15PM OR ask your student to bring them home when the shop closes when your student goes home for the night. Please be sure to communicate with the Student Dinner Lead your intentions during drop off.
How Do I Sign Up
- January sign up can be found HERE.
- February sign up can be found HERE.
- March sign up can be found HERE (link coming soon)
HELP! I NEED IDEAS ON WHAT TO MAKE!
We have a large list of ideas to help you! Please check out recipes and meal ideas HERE.
Here is a sample of one evening of food provided by 5 families, with each serving 20-24.
BEWARE OF ALLERGIES!!!
We ask that you provide a label for your food items for identification purposes and please note any of the below allergens. It is okay to bring items that contain the items listed below. While we do not expect all meals to be free of the below listed allergies, we do ask that if one of the meals provided could be free of the allergens listed below. If possible, when signing up for a meal, note if you will be providing an allergen free meal, or even one of the sides is allergen friendly!
** Our team consists of the following food allergies:
Tree Nuts (4)
Flax seed (1)
WHAT SHOULD I NOT BRING?
- Nuts. Due to the high volume of nut allergies, please do NOT BRING anything with Nuts in it.
- Pizza. We reserve that for backup and Friday evenings.
What if I cannot commit to cooking a meal??
→ Option 1: You do NOT need to cook! You can easily make a purchase such as Jimmy Johns, Cane's Chicken (very popular!), Noodles, Panera, etc. Just be sure to drop it at the school by 6:00PM. We kindly ask you NOT bring in pizza, as that is reserved for Friday evenings.
→ Option 2: We have needs in the Sign Up Genius for “Hearty Snacks” on Saturdays. When the shop is open on Saturdays, the kids are always looking for a good snack to get them through the morning. Ideas such as bagels & cream cheese, fruit, vegetables, meat, cheese & crackers, etc.
→ Last Resort: If both cooking and delivering food is not an option, fear not! You can support by providing a financial donation. These donations will be used to supplement Friday evenings (the famous Pizza night!) You can contribute HERE.
Questions about Dinner Meals? Text Lindsey Thompson (585) 705-5068 or Tanya Kugel (651) 398-5774.
© East Ridge Robotics Foundation / East Ridge Robotics Ominous Raptors 2022