Our TEAM NEEDS YOUR HELP TO BUILD THE BEST LEADERS OF TOMORROW
The East Ridge Robotics Ominous Raptors (ERRORs) needs your help. We need adult mentors to support our incredible program.
Our team needs:
- Mentors to help teach skills
- Registration with the School District and FIRST are required
- Chaperones to supervise the team
- Registration with the School District is required
FIRST® mentors support over 679,000 students across the globe a year. As a mentor or coach of a FIRST team, you empower students to be future gamechangers. You're working side by side with FIRST participants to build their leadership and problem-solving skills and, more importantly, their sense of belonging and self-confidence. Your contribution to the success of FIRST programs is immeasurable.
As a mentor you can:
- Teach others what you know
- Be inspired by the students
- Give back to your community
- Build your own skills and resume
Whether you have technical or non-technical skills and talents to share, you are valued as a mentor or coach. Our mentors and coaches are:
- People from all backgrounds and disciplines who share their knowledge, whether it is technical or non-technical.
- Someone who supports the team with subject matter expertise on an as needed basis including assisting the team with topics such as programming questions, building skills, scholarships, business management, marketing, or fundraising.
- Someone who contributes on a weekly basis facilitating team meetings, helping the team set realistic goals and coordinate their work.
- An adviser who helps foster Gracious Professionalism® and FIRST Core Values in the students
South Washington County School District Volunteer Registration
THE VOLUNTEER PROCESS
All volunteers at SoWashCo Schools are required to apply through an online application to create their district profile. Per School Board Policy 903.5 Volunteer Background Checks, all volunteers must complete a background check.
The process to obtain a background check is completed online through the volunteer application. Volunteers will get an automatic reminder to update their background check when they are near the two-year renewal date.
The background check will take 48 hours or less and will cost $5, which will be paid online. Anyone who does not have access to a computer, or needs to pay in a different way should contact Community Education.
If you are unsure about your status with the school district, you can contact:
FIRST Robotics Volunteer Registration
Brand new to FIRST? Sign up to the FIRST Dashboard!
Already have a FIRST account?
Connect to the ERRORs
© East Ridge Robotics Foundation / East Ridge Robotics Ominous Raptors 2022